*Frequently Asked Questions*
Fall 2017-Spring 2018 Company Season
Should I be a part of Infinity Dance Company, and what is the company?
- The company is designed to provide instruction in different studies of dancing and performing for serious dancers ages 5 to 18. (7 and under are on the Petite Company, 8 to 18 are on either the beg, int, or adv Company).
- Dancer’s will gain performance and competition experience by performing at local organizations, conventions, and regional competitions.
- The company promotes positive values through encouraging teamwork, responsibility, physical fitness, and creativity.
- Dancers and families develop long lasting friendships, and get to be a part of an awesome dance family!
Great! Sign me up! Which company level should I join?
- Dancers ages 8 to 18 with 1 year or less of competition experience should audition for the Beginning Company.
- Dancers ages 8 to 18 with 2-3 years of competition experience should audition for the Int Company.
- Dancers ages 8-18 with more than 3 years of competition experience should audition for the Adv Company.
- Dancers ages 5 to 7 should audition for the Petite Company.
How much does company membership cost, and what does that include?
- Infinity Dance Int and Adv Company Membership costs approximately $380/mo. This price includes tuition for unlimited hours of regular studio dance classes, rehearsal fees, costumes fees, choreography fees, one convention fee, and competition fees (for minimum 4 groups competitions).
- Infinity Dance Beginning Company Membership costs approximately $290/mo. This price includes tuition for unlimited hours of regular studio dance classes, rehearsal fees, costumes fees, choreography fees, and competition fees (for 2 groups).
- Infinity Dance Petite Company membership costs approximately $235/mo. This price includes tuition for 3 hours of studio classes, rehearsal fees, costume fees, choreography fees, one convention fee, and competition fees (for minimum 2 groups).
What are some additional costs?
- Additional costs for ALL dancers include travel expenses (all mandatory conventions and competitions will be in Tulsa or Claremore), company jackets, stage makeup, shoes, and tights.
- Petite Company Dancers may take more than 3 hours of studio classes.
- Int and Adv company may sign up for more than 4 required groups as well as optional duet/trios.
- Petites and Beginners with 1year or more of competition experience, Int, and adv dancers may sign up for a solo. Solo rehearsals are considered private lessons. The cost for a private lesson depends on the choreographer.
How often does the company rehearse and what are some weekly requirements?
- Int and Adv Company must attend 8 required hours of class throughout the week (Must attend at least 1 ballet class all other hours are flexible). They rehearse group routines on Wednesdays from 4:30PM-8:30PM. Optional Duet/Trios may have rehearsals scheduled separately.
- Petite Company must attend 3 required classes throughout the week (Ballet, tiny tumblers or acrobatics, intro to dance or int/adv dance). They rehearse routines with Miss Emmi on Wednesdays from 4:30-6:30PM. Optional Duet/Trios may have rehearsals scheduled separately.
- Beg Company must attend at least 3 hours of classes throughout the week. They rehearse routines with Miss Maddie on Fridays from 4:30-6:30pm.
When does the 2018 season begin and end?
- Petite, Beg, Int, and Adv companies will begin the first week in September 2017. Required classes begin September 1st. The season ends after the recital performance the end of May 2018.
How many Competitions and Conventions does Infinity Dance Company Attend?
- Infinity Petite, Int, and Adv Company attend 4 mandatory regional competitions and one mandatory convention. Infinity Beg Dance Company attends 4 mandatory regional competitions. Many optional competitions and conventions will be listed for dancers to sign up to compete solos and/or duet/trios and attend throughout the season.
Fill me in on some of the cool extra perks of being a company member!
- Infinity company members are able to use open studio rooms throughout the week to put in extra practice and rehearsal time.
- Infinity company members will be highlighted with a photo and bio on our new “meet the company” wall.
- Company members get to attend the end of the year company banquet and receive special personalised trophies from their company teachers.
- Company members get an exclusive company photoshoot at the end of the season where parents can purchase professional dance shots. (2017 season did a water photoshoot!)
How many members does Infinity Dance Company accept?
- Int and Adv Company accepts no more than 25 members each team. Petite Dance Company accepts no more than 15 members. Beg Company accepts no more than 25 members. All returning members must re-audition every year.
How should prospective members prepare for the audition?
- Those interested in joining Infinity Dance Company should take as many dance classes as possible, starting now. Ballet, Stretch, Leaps & Turns, Contemporary, Acrobatics, Broadway Dance, & Hip Hop are strongly encouraged. For one-on-one instruction, dancers may ask to schedule private lessons.
What is expected of company members?
- Company members are expected to be professional, responsible, respectful, serious, and disciplined. They are expected to come to classes, rehearsals, performances, competitions, etc on time with a positive attitude. Company members are expected to be team players. This includes encouraging everyone to be their best selves in every class and performance and celebrating when teammates succeed.
I would love to a part of company! How Do I Audition?
- Auditions for the petite, beg, Int, and Adv company will be Saturday, June 17th from 11AM-12PM. A second audition will be held Saturday, August 19th from 11AM-12PM. For dancers who cannot attend either date, Make-up auditions may be scheduled between June 17th- Aug 27th. There is no cost to audition at one of the audition dates. Make-up auditions cost $20. For more information, or to schedule a make up audition, e-mail Emmi Galfo.