Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the purpose of Tulsa’s Infinity Dance Company?
- Provide instruction in different studies of dancing and performing for serious dancers ages 6-18.
- Provide performance and competition experience at local organizations and national competitions.
- Promote positive values through encouraging teamwork, responsibility, physical fitness, and creativity
How much does company membership cost?
- Infinity Dance Company Membership costs $125/month. The discounted rate for additional siblings is $106/month.
Are there any additional costs?
- Yes. Additional costs include costume fees, competition fees, travel expenses, hotel expenses, company warm-up outfits, and convention fees.
How often does the company rehearse?
- Infinity Dance Company rehearses Tuesdays and Saturdays. Sometimes additional rehearsals will be scheduled, but advanced notice will be given.
How many Competitions and Conventions does Infinity Attend?
- Infinity Dance Company attends 3-4 regional and 1 national competition each year, as well as 1-3 optional conventions. Some competitions and conventions will be in Tulsa but others may be out of town.
How many members does Infinity Dance Company accept?
- Infinity Dance Company accepts no more than 30 members. All returning members must re-audition every year.
How should prospective members prepare for the audition?
- Those interested in joining Infinity Dance Company should take as many dance classes as possible, starting now. Ballet, Stretch, Leaps & Turns, Contemporary, & Hip Hop are strongly encouraged. For one on one instruction, dancers may ask to schedule private lessons.
What is expected of company members?
- Company members are expected to be responsible, respectful, serious, and disciplined. They must come to classes, rehearsals, performances, competitions, etc with a good attitude.
How Do I Audition?
- 2014-2015 Auditions will be held in June. Make-up auditions may be scheduled sometime in June or July For audition times and information, or to schedule a make up audition , e-mail Emmi Galfo.