Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the purpose of Tulsa’s Infinity Dance Company?
- Provide instruction in different studies of dancing and performing for serious dancers ages 5 to 18. (7 and under are on the Petite Company, 8 to 18 are on the Company).
- Provide performance and competition experience at local organizations and national competitions.
- Promote positive values through encouraging teamwork, responsibility, physical fitness, and creativity
How much does company membership cost?
- Infinity Dance Company Membership costs $215/month. This price includes tuition for 5+ hours of regular studio dance classes.
- Infinity Petite Dance Company membership costs $50/month. This price does NOT include regular studio class tuition.
Are there any additional costs?
- Yes, additional costs for ALL dancers include choreography fees, costume fees, competition fees, travel expenses, company jackets, stage makeup, shoes, and tights.
- Yes, Petite Dancers must take at least 1 regular studio class per week–which starts at $50 per month.
- Yes, Solo rehearsals are considered private lessons. The cost for a private lesson depends on the choreographer.
How often does the company rehearse?
- Infinity Dance Company rehearses throughout the week. The time commitment depends on the number of groups in which the dancer participates. All dancers must participate in at least 1 group. Infinity Petite Dance Company rehearses Thursdays for 1 hour. Soloists must schedule private lessons at least every other week.
How many Competitions and Conventions does Infinity Attend?
- Both Infinity Dance Company and Infinity Petite Dance Company attend 4 regional competitions. Some competitions will be in Tulsa, but others may be 1 to 2 hours out of town. There may be 1-2 optional conventions.
How many members does Infinity Dance Company accept?
- Infinity Dance Company accepts no more than 30 members. Infinity Petite Dance Company accepts no more than 15 members. All returning members must re-audition every year.
How should prospective members prepare for the audition?
- Those interested in joining Infinity Dance Company should take as many dance classes as possible, starting now. Ballet, Stretch, Leaps & Turns, Contemporary, Acrobatics, Musical Theatre & Hip Hop are strongly encouraged. For one-on-one instruction, dancers may ask to schedule private lessons.
What is expected of company members?
- Company members are expected to be responsible, respectful, serious, and disciplined. They must come to classes, rehearsals, performances, competitions, etc with a good attitude.
How Do I Audition?
- 2015-2016 Auditions will be Saturday, August 1st from 10-11AM. Dancers may choose either audition date. Audition times, TBA. Make-up auditions may be scheduled sometime before August 1st 1st. For more information, or to schedule a make up audition, e-mail Emmi Galfo.