Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the purpose of Tulsa’s Infinity Dance Company?
- Provide instruction in different studies of dancing and performing for serious dancers ages 8 to 18. (7 and under are on the Petite Company).
- Provide performance and competition experience at local organizations and national competitions.
- Promote positive values through encouraging teamwork, responsibility, physical fitness, and creativity
How much does company membership cost?
- Infinity Dance Company Membership costs $250/month. This price includes tuition for 5+ hours of regular studio dance classes, which is a $150 value. The discounted rate for additional siblings is $235/month.
- Infinity Petite Dance Company membership costs $50/month.
Are there any additional costs?
- Yes. Dancers ages 5 & Under must be enrolled in at least 3 hours of regular studio classes, which starts at $100 per month. Other additional costs for all dancers include costume fees, competition fees, travel expenses, hotel expenses, company warm-up outfits, and convention fees.
How often does the company rehearse?
- Infinity Dance Company rehearses Tuesdays 4:30-6:30PM and Saturdays 10:00AM-1:00PM. Infinity Petite Dance Company rehearses Saturdays 11AM-1PM. In the fall, additional rehearsals will be scheduled, but advanced notice will be given.
How many Competitions and Conventions does Infinity Attend?
- Both Infinity Dance Company and Infinity Petite Dance Company attend 3-4 competitions, as well as 1-3 optional conventions. Some competitions and conventions will be in Tulsa but others may be out of town.
How many members does Infinity Dance Company accept?
- Infinity Dance Company accepts no more than 30 members. Infinity Petite Dance Company accepts no more than 15 members. All returning members must re-audition every year.
How should prospective members prepare for the audition?
- Those interested in joining Infinity Dance Company should take as many dance classes as possible, starting now. Ballet, Stretch, Leaps & Turns, Contemporary, & Hip Hop are strongly encouraged. For one on one instruction, dancers may ask to schedule private lessons.
What is expected of company members?
- Company members are expected to be responsible, respectful, serious, and disciplined. They must come to classes, rehearsals, performances, competitions, etc with a good attitude.
How Do I Audition?
- 2014-2015 Auditions will be held August 9th. Make-up auditions may be scheduled sometime in August. For audition times and information, or to schedule a make up audition , e-mail Emmi Galfo.