*2016-2017 Season Frequently Asked Questions*
What is the purpose of Tulsa’s Infinity Dance Company?
- Provide instruction in different studies of dancing and performing for serious dancers ages 5 to 18. (7 and under are on the Petite Company, 8 to 18 are on the Company).
- Provide performance at local organizations and gain competition experience and regional competitions.
- Promote positive values through encouraging teamwork, responsibility, physical fitness, and creativity.
For which level company am I eligible?
- Dancers ages 8 to 17 with 1 year or less of competition experience should audition for the Beginning Company.
- Dancers ages 8 to 17 with more than 1 year of competition experience should audition for the Int/Adv Company.
- Dance ages 5 to 7 should audition for the Petite Company.
- Boys ages 8 to 16 interested in hip hop only should audition for the Boys Hip Hop Crew.
How much does company membership cost?
- Infinity Dance Int/Adv Company Membership costs $215/month. This price includes tuition for 5+ hours of regular studio dance classes.
- Infinity Dance Beginning Company Membership costs $215/month. This price includes tuition for 5+ hours of regular studio dance classes.
- Infinity Dance Petite Company membership costs $50/month. This price does NOT include regular studio class tuition.
- Infinity Boys Hip Hop Crew membership costs $50/month. This price does NOT include regular studio class tuition.
Are there any additional costs?
- Yes, additional costs for ALL dancers include choreography fees, costume fees, competition fees, travel expenses, company jackets, stage makeup, shoes, and tights.
- Yes, Petite Company Dancers must take at least 3 required classes per week–which starts at $110 per month.
- Yes, Boys Hip Hop Crew Members must take at least 2 required classes per week–which starts at $90 per month.
- Yes, Solo rehearsals are considered private lessons. The cost for a private lesson depends on the choreographer.
How often does the company rehearse?
- Int/Adv Company must attend 9 required classes throughout the week. They rehearse group routines on Saturdays from 9:30AM-1PM. Duet/Trios will have rehearsals scheduled separately.
- Petite Company must attend 3 required classes throughout the week. They rehearse routines on Saturday from 9:30-10:30AM.
- Beg Company must attend at least 1 class throughout the week. They rehearse routines on Saturday for 1.5 hrs.
- Boys Hip Hop Crew must attend 2 required classes throughout the week. They rehearse routines on Saturday from 1PM-3PM.
When does the season begin and end?
- Boys Hip Hop Crew, Int/Adv Company, Beg Company, and Petite Company rehearsals all begin Saturday, September 10th. Required classes begin September 1st. The season ends after the recital performances on June 3rd.
How many Competitions and Conventions does Infinity Attend?
- Both Infinity Dance Int/Adv Company and Infinity Petite Dance Company attend 4 regional competitions and one convention. Infinity Beg Dance Company attends 4 regional competitions. Some competitions will be in Tulsa, but others may be 1 to 2 hours out of town.
- Boys Hip Hop Crew attends 2 regional competitions and 2 out-of-town conventions.
How many members does Infinity Dance Company accept?
- Int/Adv Company accepts no more than 20 members. Petite Dance Company accepts no more than 15 members. Beg Company accepts no more than 20 members. All returning members must re-audition every year.
- Boys Hip Hop Crew accepts no more than 20 members (sign-up at front desk only, no audition).
How should prospective members prepare for the audition?
- Those interested in joining Infinity Dance Company should take as many dance classes as possible, starting now. Ballet, Stretch, Leaps & Turns, Contemporary, Acrobatics, Broadway Dance, & Hip Hop are strongly encouraged. For one-on-one instruction, dancers may ask to schedule private lessons.
What is expected of company members?
- Company members are expected to be responsible, respectful, serious, and disciplined. They must come to classes, rehearsals, performances, competitions, etc with a good attitude.
How Do I Audition?
- 2016-2017 Auditions for the Int/Adv and Petite Company will be Monday, May 16th from 5:30-7:30PM .2016-2017 Auditions for the Beg Company will be Saturday, August 27th from 9:00AM-11:00AM . Make-up auditions may be scheduled between May 16th and August 27th. For more information, or to schedule a make up audition, e-mail Emmi Galfo.